Saturday 26 April 2014

# basil # chives

My Herb Project

Hello all,

This is a little post for you today about my new project I'm doing (pictures below!)
I was looking in the ALDI catalogue the other day and found this 'Grow Your Own Herbs' kind of thing - and it was reduced to $6.99! I thought it was a great idea and have just purchased a set this afternoon.

The pack includes:

  • 6 different herbs (Basil, Chives, Coriander, Oregano, Parsley and Thyme)
  • 3 ceramic glazed pots (with a blackboard area)
  • Soil pellets
  • Chalk
  • Wooden tray
Yes, all this for $7!! I have followed the instructions and how it all goes together - which is super simple. It didn't say if I could put two herbs together in one pot, but it also didn't say I couldn't do that, so I put two herbs in each pot so that I can have six growing all at once. Hopefully that works out.
My dad gave me these 'water crystals' that help absorb water as a way of saving water I think. I might not have to water them every day - but I will continually check on it to make sure.
I have just got to make sure to keep the soil moist and give it a liquid feeding every two weeks to help the herbs grow strong.

I thought it would be a great idea to blog about it and record all the progress on here. At the moment I'm not sure how often there will be an update, I will just have to wait and see.





No comments:

Post a Comment