Friday 11 April 2014

# apple # blog

Healthy Apple Crumble Recipe

I actually posted a similar recipe (with blueberries) on my old blog, I was going to post it again but realised the pictures were rubbish. I wanted to make it again for both deliciousness and photos to repost however, I knew Beau (the boyfriend) would prefer apple over blueberries, so here is a healthy recipe for Apple Crumble... enjoy!


Fresh from the oven! 
The perfect crumble-ness

Complete with (unhealthy) ice cream





















Ingredients:
  • 2 small-medium apples, diced
  • 120ml milk (I used unsweetened almond milk for a lower calories)
  • 2 tsp cinnamon + a little extra to sprinkle on top
  • 1 tbsp sweetener (stevia, maple syrup, honey or agave)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup of desired nuts *optional
  • 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1-2 tbsp butter *can omit, but will be a lot more dry and less rich

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius or 160 fan force and grease oven safe dish with butter or cooking spray *It will stick if you don't!

2. In a mixing bowl add apple, milk, cinnamon, sweetener and nuts. Mix using wooden or mixing spoon.

3. In a separate bowl, add butter and microwave until soft but not entirely melted. Add in oats and flour and mix together well before adding to the first bowl. Mix everything together.

4. Place your mixture in your dish and press down with a back of a spoon to help pack it all in. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

5. Place in oven for 35 minutes (preferably on the middle tray of the oven). For the last 3-4 minutes turn the temperature up higher. Once time is up, turn it off but leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes before taking out.

6. Ready to serve! I served mine with an unhealthy ice cream, but you can find lower calorie ice creams or make your own. In the past I have also served with a low fat custard.

*Feel free to make with other fruits! As I said earlier, I posted a recipe on my old blog using blueberries - just take out the apple and add approximately 1 1/2 cups of blueberries or any other berry you desire.

Let me know if you make this. Though you might have to wait about 40 minutes while it's in the oven, it'll be worth it! This recipe serves about 4 hungry humans.

Enjoy and stay tuned for my next post of my Cruise Holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment