Sunday 10 January 2016

# book # books

What I Read in 2015 and My Top 10 Books of 2015

Welcome back!

You probably didn't think you'd see me so soon right? Well, a new year brings countless opportunities for multiple blog posts with everything that happened in the previous year. For myself, the only 2015 post will probably be this one - what I read and especially my top 10. I joined the book community on Instagram (Bookstagram) in September and now have 800 followers and a never ending TBR. With the help of Bookstagram, I read so many amazing books that I would have never come across if it weren't for them (thank you!!)

Way back in 2012, I joined Goodreads and hardly used it. Once again, with the help of Bookstagram, I became active once more and made a reading challenge. I had already 20-30 books at the time of making my goal and decided I wanted to get to 52 - one for each week. I surpassed that goal by two, reaching 54 books read in 2015 - success! So without any more rambling, here are those books...


BOOKS READ IN 2015

1. Son - Lois Lowry
2. Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L James*
3. As Dead As It Gets - Katie Alender
4. Fifty Shades Darker - E.L James*
5. Girl Online - Zoe Sugg
6. Not That Kind of Girl - Lena Dunham
7. Fifty Shades Freed - E.L James*
8. Witch & Wizard - James Patterson
9. The Ruby Circle - Richelle Mead
10. The 100 - Kass Morgan
11. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
12. Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover
13. Still Alice - Lisa Genova
14. The Last Time We Say Goodbye - Cynthia Hand
15. All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
16. Never Never - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
17. Slammed - Colleen Hoover
18. A Game of Thrones - George R. Martin
19. Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone - J.K Rowling*
20. Point of Retreat - Colleen Hoover
21. This Girl - Colleen Hoover
22. Hopeless - Colleen Hoover
23. Anna & The French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
24. Lola & The Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins
25. Isla & The Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins
26. The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
27. Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover
28. Losing Hope - Colleen Hoover
29. The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson
30. Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
31. The Enemy - Charlie Higson
32. The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks
33. I Was Here - Gayle Forman
34. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
35. Animal Farm - George Orwell
36. I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson
37. Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas
38. A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J Maas
39. City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
40. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee*
41. The Selection - Kiera Cass
42. The Elite - Kiera Cass
43. The One - Kiera Cass
44. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
45. The Heir - Kiera Cass
46. Crown of Midnight - Sarah J Maas
47. Happily Ever After - Kiera Cass
48. Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
49. Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
50. The Assassin's Blade - Sarah J Maas
51. Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
52. Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli
53. My True Love Gave to Me - Various Authors
54. Snow Like Ashes - Sara Raasch 

*Re-reads

MY TOP 10 BOOKS OF 2015 (In reading order)

1. The Ruby Circle - Richelle Mead (Bloodlines Series)
2. The Last Time We Say Goodbye - Cynthia Hand
3. All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
4. A Game of Thrones - George R. Martin
5. A Court of Thorns & Roses - Sarah J Maas
6. Crown of Midnight - Sarah J Maas (Throne of Glass Series)
7. The Assassin's Blade - Sarah J Maas
8. Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
9. Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli
10. Snow Like Ashes - Sara Raasch

With special mentions to Still Alice (Genova), Never Never (Hoover & Fisher), Maybe Someday (Hoover) - this should actually be in the top 10, I Was Here (Forman), Animal Farm (Orwell), The One (Cass) and Percy Jackson (Riordan).

Re-reads are not included in my top 10 just FYI.

So basically, a decent reading year. I read so many good books in 2015 and rated so many 5/5's on Goodreads and plenty to come for 2016.

I'll see you soon for my next post which will be something along the lines of what I want to read this year and my reading goal.

Until then, take care.
xx

PS - Currently reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs


Contact: erenabennett@gmail.com
Instagram: @erena_b
Bookstagram: @erenareads
Goodreads: @erenareads
Twitter: @erena_bee

Follow me with Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment