Friday 2 January 2015

# 2014 # bennett

I Read: 2014 Edition

Hello everyone,

It seems I haven't posted in a long while - forgive me. December is always a busy month, yet I have no excuses because I definitely had time.
In 2015, I am going to try my best to stop spending so much time on my phone aimlessly browsing because I'm bored - there is always something better to do.




In 2014, I read a total of 40 books. That's 10 down from last year, though I did have a busier year - moving out of home with Beau and starting a new job (which also means finally quitting my old one!!) I'm hoping that this year I am able to read a little more - I have an aim of 50! But I don't want to be thinking of that number too much. If I'm bored at home then yes, read. However, I don't want it stop me doing other things that are important to me.




Enough of that, here is my list.


1.  Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi
2.  Last Chance by Sarah Dessen
3. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
4. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead *Re-read
6.  Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
7. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
8. Butterfly Grave by Anne Cassidy
9. Angela by James Moloney
10. Inside My Head by Jim Carrington
11. Divergent by Veronica Roth
12Insurgent by Veronica Roth
13. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
14. The Anxiety of Kalix the Werewolf by Martin Millar
15. Age of X01 – Gameboard of Gods by Richelle Mead
16. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
17. L.A Candy by Lauren Conrad
18. Asylum by Madeleine Roux
19. Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Conrad
20. Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender
21. The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski
22. Leviathan by Thomas E. Sniegoski
23. Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead *Re-read
24. From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender
25. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
26. The Hundred Foot Journey by Richaird C. Morais
27. Sugar and Spice by Lauren Conrad
28. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
29. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
30. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
31. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
32. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
33. Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern
34. The Giver by Lois Lowry
35. The Tea Chest by Josephine Moon
36. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
37. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
38. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
39. Messenger by Lois Lowry
40. Stay Strong by Demi Lovato

There is two (#5 and #23) re-reads in there by the same author and in the same series: Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead. It's one of my favourite set of books and can easily read them all again and again.
There are three other books in here by this author (#3, #15 and #25) that I also really enjoyed. #3 and #25 are books 4 and 5 of a series, with the 6th and final book being released this year - something I'm very much looking forward to!

There are a couple of classics in there, that I couldn't believe I had never read them: #4 The Hobbit - I don't have a good enough answer as to why I had never read this, but is now one of my all time favourites of 2014 and all time.
#30 To Kill A Mockingbird - again a favourite of 2014 and of all time. The way it's written and from the view of a young girl along with the story is brilliant. I definitely recommend this easy read!
#37 The Virgin Suicides - I'm not sure how old this book is but I've always felt that it should be read. Though I don't know why as the story itself is quite depressing but when you're reading it, it isn't. Not one of my favourites, but glad I read it.

#1 Unbearable Lightness - is incredible and I would definitely read again. It shows the story of Portia de Rossi and her fight with eating disorders. It can be very triggering though, so if you are struggling with an eating disorder I would wait until you are in a healthier stage of your recovery.

#13 The Book Thief - this is set in the Nazi era in Germany but it is narrated by Death - which makes it much more interesting. I enjoyed the movie as well and thought it was portrayed well.

Of course I read #31 Gone Girl - I had read the book before I watched the film and was very happy with how the film turned out. In the first half of the book I was thinking "Holy heck, this is good", then I got to the next half and I was all "Holy heck, this is really freaking good". An incredible thriller to read!
And then of course I read the authors other two books, which are just as brilliant (#32 and #36).

Some of the books in this list I had thought to myself after reading them "Why did I choose to read this?" But, whatever! I can't turn back time and choose something else.

In 2015, I'm hoping to branch out a little more with my choices in books. I definitely started this last year, but I'm hoping to read some more penguin classics too.
I will try and finish the first Game of Thrones book  - actually let's make this a goal!
There will also be some re-reading, including the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy as the movie is coming out in February.

If you have any questions on the books I have read, feel free to ask. You can comment below without having an account, or you can ask me on FaceBook (Erena Bennett).

Happy New Year!
xx


Email: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Instagram: erena_b
Twitter: erena_bee
Pinterest: erenabennett

No comments:

Post a Comment