Friday 23 January 2015

# advent # beauty

Benefit Advent Calendar 2014 Review

Hello everyone, today I am here writing to you on my iPad! I had been thinking about getting one for a while now and decided to 'just do it' about a week ago. It's just the regular iPad mini but after using it I wish I had got the iPad 2 mini. Mainly because I have an iPhone 6 and it's brilliant and the the regular iPad is a step back in greatness (and speed). Nonetheless, I am loving it and am very happy with my purchase.

So in a previous post I had mentioned wanting to being more active on my blog and this post will mark three in the month of January - woohoo! I don't want to commit to a certain number of posts a month, I just want to try my best in being active. I'm thinking of doing smaller posts such as 'What I Eat in a Day' (with pictures of course) and perhaps a couple of other day to day activities or thoughts where I can fill in the gaps in between the 'bigger' posts.

Alright, let me get back on track.
In 2013, I started watching Zoella on YouTube and when it came round to her Christmas vlogs - Vlogmas - I absoloutely loved watching her open her different advent calendars. The two I was most interested in were the Benefit calendar and The Body Shop calendar and I could not find either of these two in stores at all. I soon let it go and lived my excitement through Zoella's vlogs.
When I was in Melbourne CBD at the end of November I decided to browse through the Benefit counter in the Myer store (fun fact: Myer Melbourne CBD has the biggest Benefit counter in the world). I came across the Benefit advent calendar!!! Excited was an understatement - though I had to think about it after I knew the price of it: $149.00 AUD. I had to quickly justify the purchase - I wanted one...? And I had never bought or even tried any of the Benefit products before, so I got it! I had to wait four days until I could open it (I guess I can open it whenever I want but let's be traditional here!)

Here's what I got...
*All pictures are from my Instagram taken on an iPhone 6.



Day 1: Heart Shaped Paperclips


Day 2: Ultra Plush Lip Gloss - A Lister
'They're Real' Push Up Liner wasn't in the Advent Calendar but part of their 'Liner Swap' that had going in December.


Day 3: They're Real Mascara
Day 4: Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer


Day 5: It's Potent Eye Cream
Day 6: Porefessional
Day 7: Silver Hair Tie


Day 8: Sticky Notes
Day 9: Dandelion Lip Gloss
Day 10: Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer
Day 11: Total Moisture Facial Cream
Day 12: Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain


Day 13: Poisetint Cheek & Lip Stain
Day 14: Black Hair Tie With Metal Bow
Day 15: Ooh La Lift Under Eye Brightener
Day 16: High Beam Highlighter


Day 17: Note Pad
Day 18: That Gal Brightening Face Primer
Day 19: Polka Dot Hair Tie
Day 20: Ultra Plush Lip Gloss - Fauxmance
Day 21: Watt's Up Highlighter
Day 22: Bad Gal Lash Mascara
Day 23: Cha Cha Tint Cheek & Lip Stain


Day 24: Fake Up Hydrating Crease Concealer


Overall, I'm fairly happy with the products that I got. Though I really couldn't believe that they would put three hair ties and three stationary items in here as well. Maybe around three would have been more acceptable. If you're all about value then I wouldn't get this however, if you have never tried any Benefit products (or very little) and you want to then I would definitely consider getting this in the future. It has a really good range of products in here that I love using. I won't be purchasing this in the future as I obviously don't need to - and I'm keeping my eye out for The Body Shop Advent Calendar for December this year!

My favourites are: The Porefessional, Watt's Up Highlighter, Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer, High Beam Highlighter and the Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer. I haven't opened up either of the mascaras as I want to finish my current ones, but I am really looking forward to the They're Real Mascara as I've many great things about this one.
I also haven't used all the products yet, but definitely will as time goes on.

Hopefully this has helped you if you've been tossing up whether or not to get this advent calendar.
See you next time!

xx


Instagram: erena_b
Twitter: erena_bee
Pinterest: erenabennett
Email: erenabennett@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment