Tuesday 18 March 2014

# blog # breakfast

A Simple and Basic Pancake Recipe

Do you love pancakes? Of course you do.
Okay realistically, if you don't... That's more for me then!

This will be a super simple and basic pancake recipe.

The recipe I give you will be dairy free (minus the yoghurt topping) but if you prefer dairy, that is a-okay.


There was one week where I had pancakes for breakfast 4 out of 7 days. Obsessed? Perhaps.

*For less dishes (always a plus), I measure the flour and milk in tablespoons instead of cups, as this is a Single Serving. Ingredients list doesn't include toppings
Ingredients:
4 - 5 tbsp wholemeal flour (others ok too)
2 - 3 tbsp soy or almond milk
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Whisk egg before adding the rest of the ingredients. Mix all together - but don't over mix.
2. Grease your pan and make pancakes! I make smaller pancakes and stack them - will make 3 - 5 when smaller.
3. Add desired toppings.

I kept it healthy and added half a banana - sliced, and a spoonful of greek yoghurt and the number one topping: maple syrup! Mine was a sugar free syrup (purchased from Coles/Woolworths).
Be careful what you add, you don't want to be adding sugary and fatty ingredients. Fruit always works with a little honey or maple syrup and maybe yoghurt.
I use soy or almond milk because that's just what I have, and they're also low calorie.

More delicious pancakes...
This recipe has lots of room to change up a few things. I have made chocolate pancakes based on this recipe and it has worked really well. I reduced the flour to 3 - 4 tbsp, added 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of stevia.
For peanut butter pancakes. Reduce the flour by 1 tbsp and add 1 tbsp of peanut butter or pb2 (lower in fat and calories).
You can add protein, fruits (blueberry and/or banana work best I think), chocolate chips, it is never ending!!!

Enjoy your pancakes my friends, comment below if you try this recipe, or let me know your favourite recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment