Monday 19 December 2016

# a torch against the night # amy zhang

November 2016 Wrap Up & December TBR

Hello! Yes, I'm still around...
My November was somewhat busy with my end of semester uni exams (thank god that's over) and at the end of November I jet setter off to the other side of the international date line to the West Coast of America. In the time that I wasn't doing either of those things, I kind of just slowly read and watched lots of TV, thus bringing my book count of the month to three. I'm not really bothered that it was little, I did what my brain/heart/body wanted to do. So, are those three books...
Check out my video for my November Wrap Up here. And my December TBR video here.





NOVEMBER WRAP UP 

1. This is Where the World Ends - Amy Zhang
This story gave me an All the Bright Places vibe but I still very much enjoyed it and loved reading it. This is told in alternative points of view and in different times. The story starts with Micah in 'after' and switches to Janie with 'before' with small snippets of Janie's journal. This story tells the heartbreaking story of Micah waking up in hospital with no recollection of the past month (I think??) and his best friend Janie, missing. Despite the story being about high school aged characters, I felt that it was written in a much more mature way which is a must for me to enjoy the book. I enjoyed the format of the book - I also think this made it more addicting to read as I needed to know what happened. But beware, this book may give you all the feels! Full review here.
4/5

 2. A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir
I received this book in the middle of my exam week so I had to hold off for a couple of days but I dove straight into when I could. Book two in the An Ember in the Ashes series, the story continues with Elias and Laia on the run and I didn't realise how much I missed Elias. In this book we get point of view chapters from Elias, Laia AND Helene which I loved reading from (mainly because my new fave character Avitas Harper was in almost all her chapters). Each chapter kept me wanting more and I highly recommend this series. I loved this more than book one too!
5/5

3. The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson
I had been meaning to get around this for a while now and I'm so glad I finally picked it up because this was such an enjoyable read. This starts off as a fun and light contemporary but it transitions into so much more than that. I found myself wanting to live the story and there were plenty of times where my heart wanted to lurch out of its place. This is definitely a read for teenagers, young adults and lovers of YA fiction. A really great read and I absolutely recommend!
5/5

With these ratings, I'm happy with only reading three books. These are the books I'm hoping to read in the month of December:


DECEMBER TBR

1. Falling into Place - Amy Zhang
2. Rebel of the Sands - Alwyn Hamilton
3. Wintergirls - Laurie Halse Anderson (reread)
4. Desolation - Derek Landy
5. Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling (reread)

See you soon for more bookish posts! Make sure you check out my Instagram and YouTube channel :)



WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME:
Contact: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Instagram: @erenareads & @erena_b
Goodreads: @erenareads
Twitter: @erenareads
YouTube: Erena Reads or click here

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment