Wednesday 5 October 2016

# blog # blogger

Erena Reviews: September & October TBR

Welcome back my beautiful people.
Here today is my September Wrap Up and October TBR, I do have a video up for this which you can view here. I read for books this month, which I was pretty happy with since two of them were not only really good but they were also both over 600 pages long!
Ok, here we go...




SEPTEMBER WRAP UP




1. Queen of Shadows - Sarah J Maas
With the release of Empire of Storms looming over me, I decided to start book four in the Throne of Glass series. I started off with a chapter here and there and then all of sudden I found myself fully immersed in the story and it was so damn hard to put it down to do those other necessary things humans must do. For me, Queen of Shadows is where everything really picked up for me. I felt that the story flowed really nicely and I thoroughly enjoyed all of Aelin's cunning antics. Manon (our fave witch wing leader), soon became my favourite character in the entire series after her first chapter and I could seriously read about her all day. If you're a fantasy/action lover, you should definitely consider picking up this series (book one is Throne of Glass).
5/5

2. A Work in Progress - Connor Franta
Let's be honest here, I picked this book up because of the cover (see above picture), it's nice isn't it? Connor Franta is a YouTuber I've never watched before and this book is his memoir of the past...22 years? Something like that. After finishing this book, I searched for him on YouTube and watched the shortest video I could find - hmmm perhaps not for me right now. People, if you actually watch and like Connor Franta then you can consider picking up the book, do not fall for the pretty cover. I gave the rating I did because I'm sure it would be interesting if I liked him. Also, he switched a lot between years... Why?
A generous 3/5

3. Empire of Storms - Sarah J Maas
Book five in the Throne of Glass series is almost 700 pages long, and oh my lord did I enjoy every part of it. So much so that once I finished it I lay face down on the couch for a good 10 minutes reminiscing (that wasn't even a long time). Personally, this was even more enjoyable than Queen of Shadows. I loved Elide and Lorcan doing their thing together, I loved Aelin and Rowan doing their thing together, I loved whatever is brewing between Lysandra and Aedion, and most of all I loved my Queen Manon and Dorian - whatever is happening between them. My favourite character developments have been Elide and Dorian, they are both just so much better characters - and I already liked their characters before. And Manon... my love.... She is honestly, probably my favourite female character of all books I've ever read (big thing to say!!!) I won't babble too much more, I have a video book talk/review of Empire of Storms that you can watch here if you'd like.
5/5



4. The Fall of Butterflies - Andrea Portes
I decided to go with an easy contemporary as a break from all the fantasy I've been reading. Within a few pages of this book, I didn't really like it and was dreading continuing it. It's written as if the main character, Willa, is speaking to the reader with her thoughts and it felt quite middle grade for me - bit of a no go for me. It follows Willa's journey at her new private fancy rich kid school (she is not rich, but her mother whom she doesn't like nor speak to has connections). I continued reading because it was honestly really easy to read and surprisingly it got better. I felt it matured a little and with the introduction of a couple of other characters it became a lot more interesting. When I finished the book, I was pretty happy with it and would recommend to lovers of contemporaries aged maybe 13 - 21 years old, maybe... I'm not sure. I have a full review here if you want to check it out.
3.5/5



OCTOBER TBR



1. Disruption - Jessica Shirvington
2. Corruption - Jessica Shirvington
3. Nevernight - Jay Kristoff
4. Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo
5. A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir


Those last two books I haven't got my copies yet and I am praying that they come to me soon because they are two of most highly anticipated reads!!
I have been trying to keep my TBR short and then read whatever my mood wants me to read but I've already finished Disruption and I just REALLY want to read the others so... hopefully I'll get through them all :)

See you later!


WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME:
Contact: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Instagram: @erenareads & @erena_b
Goodreads: @erenareads
Twitter: @erenareads
YouTube: Erena Reads or click here

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment