Monday 4 July 2016

# 2016 # bennett

Erena Reviews: June and July TBR

Hello everyone!

I had all these plans for blog posts in June and then I decided to make a YouTube channel and I ain't even mad! My channel is here, and I will posting videos to do with both books and lifestyle, I would love it if you subscribed!

Ok, down to business... You can watch my video here of my June wrap up and my July TBR however, this will be here if you would rather read it or just have a written version to come back to.
I read a total of five books this month which was actually quite good considering I had all my end of semester uni exams. And all very enjoyable reads!


BOOKS

1. Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K Rowling
I won't go too much into this one other than it is one of my most favourite series of all time and always will be. I continued my reread of the series in June with one of my faves out of the seven books. If you haven't read Harry Potter, what the heck are you waiting for? 5/5 

2. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
I heard of this series through Bookstagram and I am so glad I finally purchased it earlier this year. While I didn't pick it up for a while, it was worth the wait. Cinder is a Cinderella retelling that follows a half cyborg, half human mechanic living in New Beijing. Cinder discovers she is immune to a deadly virus that has killed so many and is sent to the palace to be tested on. The story flowed really well and I was eager to continue reading. This was a fantastic retelling where I knew that it was stemmed from the classic Cinderella however, it was still an original story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely be getting onto book two: Scarlet soon. 5/5

3. Hidden Bodies - Caroline Kepnes
Following on from the first story You, comes the next part of the story of the crazy Joe Goldberg. Honestly, the story didn't call for a second book but I definitely enjoyed reading into what Joe was up to. He moves to LA to find someone who's wronged him and bring them down. He finds many hiccups along the way and when I say hiccups, I mean he continues his ways of killing those who are in the way. I read this pretty quickly and enjoyed the book overall however, it didn't give me the same feeling when I read You - still brilliant though and I really enjoyed the ending. 4/5

4. Me Before You - Jojo Moyes
I started reading this in anticipation of the movie being released (which I just watched actually - all the tears!). This is about Lou being hired to care and be company for Will Traynor, a quadriplegic who has no wish to continue living. This was written beautifully and I loved how emotional it got and there was definitely a lot of ugly crying going on. While this book is kind of big, the chapters started and ended perfectly and I just wanted to keep on reading. I LOVED Me Before You and I'm really looking forward to reading the next book. 5/5



5. Flawed - Cecelia Ahern
As the author's first YA novel, she has done a brilliant job with this dystopian novel keeping it original and a great page turner. Celestine North lives the perfect life because she follows the rules, until she helps a dying man to a seat. Celestine finds herself in a bit of a pickle and may face a prison sentence or worse - to be found Flawed. There is a lot of potential for good character developments and I'm excited to read book two next year. I felt that the beginning of the book started a bit slow, but it then reached a point where I couldn't wait to continue reading. My full review can be found here. 4/5

JULY TBR

1. Demon Road - Derek Landy
2. The Fray Theory: Resonance - Nelou Keramati
3. Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo
4. Queen of Shadows - Sarah J Maas
5. Disruption - Jessica Shirvington

And.... if I manage it, I hope to get started on my reread of Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire but that is definitely ambitious for me.

And that's all the books for my wrap up and TBR. I hope you enjoyed reading my mini reviews. Head over to my YouTube channel and subscribe for book and lifestyle videos.
Until next time!

xx


Where you can find me:

Contact: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Instagram: @erenareads & @erena_b
YouTube: Channel link here
Twitter: @erenareads

Goodreads: @erenareads
Society6: @erenareads

Follow me with Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment