Monday 6 June 2016

# 2016 # a court of mist and fury

Erena Reviews: May 2016 & June TBR

Hello friends,

I hope you've been spectacularly well and that you've read plenty. The month of May was a busy one, as will June be (oh lord, I cannot wait for holidays), but I still managed to fit in a few books and I'm on track with my 2016 reading challenge! Two of the books I read this month were sent to me to review (I've linked the full reviews below if you're interested), another was a book I've been waiting to read for months which also left me depressed because I have to wait another year for the next book, and another was a reread. Perhaps a bit all over the place, but I think a good mix. So without further ado...


BOOKS



1. The Yearbook Committee - Sarah Ayoub
I had heard a few good things about this one and I saw it had short chapters and when you are a busy uni student, that is very appealing. The Yearbook Committee is about five very different teenage students in their last year of high school who must come together to produce their yearbook. The attitudes and personalities of the characters constantly collide which is actually quite enjoyable and while you may get annoyed at the arrogance of some of the other minor characters, you also get to experience the good things. I think this book is better aimed at teenagers (especially if in high school) and younger adults as the bigger picture is the stigma of bullying. You can read my full review of The Yearbook Committee here. 3.5/5



2. Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets - J.K Rowling
I'm currently rereading the whole series which I've done multiple times already but I can never get enough Harry Potter. I won't say much about this one but if you haven't read it, you need to read it. Don't ever tell me you haven't read Harry Potter but you've read Twilight or Divergent etc. This series is always 10/10



3. A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J Maas
My biggest anticipated release for 2016 comes book two of the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. The story follows on after Feyre's escape and saving of Tamlin from Under the Mountain however, she's having trouble living her life in the Spring Court. We get to see a lot more of my beloved Rhysand (who could quite possibly be #1 Book Boyfriend!!) and the Night Court, as well as new Night Court characters that are charming, hilarious and super badass. A Court of Mist and Fury was my perfect novel; it has fantasy, action, romance, comedy and I'm gonna use the word again, badass-ness. I did a very messy review/discussion here. I give this one a million stars/5.



4. The Crown - Kiera Cass
The final segment in The Selection series. Last year, you may have seen that I read the first four books in about a week, as they are so easy to read, and left me wanting more. The previous book (The Heir) and The Crown is all about Princess Eadlyn, daughter of America and Maxon, and her own Selection. Like the previous books, this one is very easy to read and flows nicely however, I felt it needed a little more... surprise or 'the bad things that happen in stories' to be more... bad? All in all, this book is not perfect but it was pretty much what I hoped for and I'm happy with that. Also, it's a lot better than The Heir. I did a full review here. 4/5

JUNE TBR



1. Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K Rowling
Continuing my reread of the series. Because I started this in May, I've actually finished this already.

2. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
This was actually on my May TBR but I put it down as I didn't want to continue reading after A Court of Mist and Fury as I was in a massive book hangover and didn't want to not enjoy it, you know?

3. Hidden Bodies - Caroline Kepnes
I started this in May as well but was only reading it when I was at work - which isn't much. This is the second book to 'You' which was friggen brilliant. I'm not sure why Kepnes wrote a second book because it honestly didn't need one BUT, I am enjoying it so far.

4. Me Before You - Jojo Moyes
I've heard great and sad things about this one so I'll make sure to get under a blanket with my box of tissues for this one.

I think I'll also pick up another book this month, but I'm unsure of what it'll be at the moment.

And that's all for this post! I hope you enjoyed my mini reviews for the month of May, feel free to check out the full reviews I did for 3 out of 4 of the books I read - much appreciated.
Let me know what you read in May and what you plan to read in June, I'd love to know!

See you soon!
x



Where you can find me:

Contact: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Bookstagram: @erenareads
Instagram: @erena_b
Goodreads: @erenareads
Snapchat: @erena_b

Follow me with Bloglovin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment