Friday 2 October 2015

# animal farm # bibliophile

Erena Reviews: September

Welcome back!

So I've had my Bookstagram (@erenareads) for just over a month now and am loving the community and the urge to read so much more. I hardly buy books anymore but I've gone and purchased four books from the same author (Sarah J Maas) and have recently started Throne of Glass and loving it already.
I'm a little more active on Goodreads (@erenareads) as well these days - feel free to follow or add me.
I read four books this month even though I fell into a bit of a slump at one point.
Enjoy!


BOOKS

I Was Here - Gayle Forman
I went into this book not having any idea what it was about and not hearing too much about it - though what I heard was good. Out of all the books I've read from Forman (2 and a half), this is by far my favourite. Suitable for teens and young adult fiction lovers, this one is super easy to read and could possible pull at the heart strings for some readers. 5/5




City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
I read this maybe four or five years ago and was so annoyed at the ending that I didn't continue with the rest of the books. Over time I got over it and found out the obvious and decided to read it again with intentions of following through with the rest of the books in this series. I like the story - the same as when I first read it, and because I knew what I was in for I just enjoyed the writing. It is a super easy read, for the older who like to sometimes venture into the YA world, you might enjoy! 5/5




Animal Farm - George Orwell
I think this is read in schools? I'm not 100% sure but I wish I did! It's really interesting how all the animals develop after the rebellion having all the same traits as us lousy humans. I also think it is hilarious. This is a super short book so definitely give it a go if you haven't already. Suitable for all ages. 5/5


I'll Give You The Sun - Jandy Nelson
People were raving about this book - "A MUST READ!!" Naturally I had high expectations and was unfortunately let down. It took me ages to read/get into this story and I kept waiting for that point where all of a sudden I can't put the book down. It kind of happened - but only because I had to take it back to the library and wanted to finish it. It ended up being okay and I guess I enjoyed it however for me, it wasn't 'a must read'. 4/5

That is my September wrap up! I have a very ambitious October ahead of me with six books on my TBR (To Be Read), but I just want to read it all! I'll try my best, friends!

See you soon for a post about organisation/planning!



Instagram: erena_b
Bookstagram: erenareads
Goodreads: erenareads
Email: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Pinterest: erenabennett

No comments:

Post a Comment