Monday 2 March 2015

# affordable # australis

My Travel Makeup Essentials - Affordable

So I'm going to Phuket, Thailand tomorrow!! I was going to do a travel organisation essentials post (think everything your items go in - checked baggage, onboard luggage, travel cases, etc) but then I realised a lot of my items are new and I've never used them before. Perhaps when I come back I will do one, I really want to!

I have been fairly busy and only the other day had I realised I hadn't published anything a while and needed to get something out before I went away. So here is one for the girls: travel makeup.
I know sometimes you just want to take it all so you have options, but to be honest - are you going to use it all? You need all the space you can get when it comes to packing.

Start off with your essentials - what you use everyday you wear makeup.

Primer: At the moment I switch between two primers - Benefit's Stay Flawless and Benefit's Porefessional. They are both tiny sizes so I have room for both.
Foundation: Rimmel's Lasting Finish in True Ivory.
Concealer: Benefit's Fakeup - I don't always use concealer, usually just a small amount of foundation and I'm okay, but since this is also a miniature, I'm bringing it along. I also sometimes use my Mac concealer but wasn't worried about it.
Powder: Maybelline's Matte Maker. My staple powder of the moment.
Blush: Model Prefer's Mineral Blush in Autumn Calling. A very nice, subtle pink.
Eyeshadow: NYX's Dream Catcher Dusk Til Dawn Palette - a nice natural selection that includes a mirror and is quite compact.
Highlight: Benefit's Watts Up - I don't always wear highlighter but once again, it's tiny!
Brows: Australis Oh Hai Brow kit - I haven't actually used this yet (I usually use one by Model's Prefer) as I needed a compact one that's suitable for travel, hopefully it works out with my brows.
Mascara: Maybelline's Great Lash - oldie but a goodie.
Lip: Rimmel's Kate Moss in 103 - a nice pinky matte.

This is my basic essentials and honestly don't need anymore however, I ended up adding two more lip products for some range (Rimmel's Moisture Renew in Diva Red and NYX's butter gloss in Angel Food Cake).
I don't always use a bronzer and didn't feel the need to bring it along with me, hence it is missing.


Almost all the products here are affordable; Benefit is much more expensive and if you don't want to spend the money there are plenty of great alternatives at a price your bank account will appreciate. Australia's Priceline constantly has items on offer and often do store wide sales.
I hope you enjoyed this little post. I'm not sure if it will be of any help to anyone but sometimes it's nice just reading - so thank you.

I will be back in a couple of weeks with plenty of photos from my holiday.
Until then, take care.
xx
Email: erenabennett@hotmail.com
Instagram: erena_b
Twitter: erena_bee
Pinterest: erenabennett





No comments:

Post a Comment